This past year has been my best year yet as a professional photographer! I cannot wait for what 2013 will bring.
Even though it has been a great year, I still have to shut up the little voice in my head that comes every January questioning everything I do as a photographer and small business owner. I have noticed it seems to be a yearly "thing" and from talking to some of my photographer friends, I am not the only one who experiences this. You spend most of the year going from Weddings to Seniors to Families then the Holidays hit and you think "Woah where did everyone go?" January starts up my slow time (this is also when I start booking weddings so that is nice) and also the time to evaluation the past year and fix things that haven't been working and strengthen the parts that are working great.
To keep the good things going (and because who doesn't like making a list?) I have finally decided on my photographic goals for the year.
1. Set up more displays around town. I would love to get my work up in more places. If you or someone you know has a business with a blank wall and would like some art for it, I would love to be able to put up some of my work on a temporary or permanent basis.
2. Try something new every session. I already do this pretty often but I want to be more creative about it.
3. Create more art...or photos for just fun. My husband pointed out not too long ago that I don't do many photos that are just art like I used to. In my mind most of the time photos of my kids are art but I see what he means and I want to go back to doing things that aren't people or are creative projects just for the fun of it.
4. Quit comparing myself to others. I haven't narrowed this down alot this year but it doesn't do anyone any good to look at other people's work and compare it to my own.
5. Be more organized. Work in progress and also gets better each year.
There you have it. It isn't a long list so I feel like it is doable.
Thank you so much for being a part of my passion and dream of being a photographer!
Meet Your Photographer
Certified Professional Photographer