I feel like I should have titled this... Tennessee Transplant Wants to Come Home More
I have had quite a few hits on my site lately for weddings in Tennessee. I want to put it out in the universe that I for sure travel. I am originally from Chattanooga, TN and am looking to broaden my wedding market to the area. I absolutely will travel for destination wedding photography pretty much anywhere in the US but my heart is home in Tennessee. In a perfect world I would be photographing 1-4 weddings a year in the Chattanooga area spaced out 3-6 months a part where I could come back with my kids and visit my family....mainly my Mimie and Paw Paw who I miss dearly.
Soooo....if you are getting married in Chattanooga or the surrounding area in late 2013 or any of 2014, I am offering my regular wedding pricing without additional travel fees on top. I have a free place to stay and will just make a trip out of it. If you are having your wedding at Rock City Gardens, I will make you one hell of a deal.
Interested in learning more? I am available via Skype to chat about your wedding day and your photography needs. Feel free to give me a call at 509-521-3611 or email me from my contact page.
Awhile ago I posted a Photography Bucket List and within a month or so I got to do a couple gigs that were fairly close to a couple of them. I also have a second list that is just for weddings that I would love to photograph. A few of them were on the original list but there are new ones as well.
1. Wedding on the Oregon Coast (or Washington Coast)
2. Indian Wedding - they look so colorful and like alot of fun. (I ended up doing an Indian Birthday Party right after posting this on the original list. It was pretty much equivalent to a wedding reception. Everyone was dressed beautifully, the food was amazing and the dancing was fun.)
3. Wedding on a Hot Air Balloon - currently badgering two clients getting married into doing this! Hopefully it works and one does :)
4. Mexico, Hawaii, or Tropical Beach Wedding - no explanation needed
5. Wedding at the Moore Mansion - this one will hopefully happen soon! I have grown up loving that place and in my mind it is super romantic and I have so many ideas for portraits there.
6. Wedding at Cameo Heights - Love love love this place! Chef Penny's food is also amazing so that would be an added bonus.
7. Celebrity Wedding- you know...the kind that makes it into the tabloids. Probably would be more hassle than it was worth but it would be fun.
8. A Published Wedding or Award Winning Wedding - I have recently been exploring options on getting published or entering contests and want to make that one of my goals in the near future.
9. Weddings in Chattanooga, TN & Surrounding Area- my family is there, I would love to have more excuses to fly back and spend more time with them. If you read this and are looking for a photographer in the area, message me and I will make you a deal!
10. A Wedding at Rock City in Chattanooga, TN - This is kind of an off shoot of the one above but it really is separate. Rock City is one of my fav places and I would love the opportunity to photograph a wedding there!
Feel free to post what is on your photo bucket list...wedding or not... or make a list of your own!
October was a busy wedding month for me. I had the pleasure of last minute photographing Mike & Stephanie's wedding at the Columbia River LDS Temple along with their large but adorable family.
Yay for my first Mormon wedding. While I didn't get to see the ceremony, the formal pics and reception were a lot of fun. Right before sunset, the clouds rolled in but not before we were able to get some really pretty shots with the sky.
Last month, I had the pleasure of photographing the wedding of one of my high school friends (and Prom Date) Brent & his wife Sarah. It was a beautiful and fun wedding where I was able to catch up with quite a few people I haven't seen in a few years. Many images from their wedding are now on my list of favorite wedding images I have captured. I will try to only post a few of them though and won't post the ones I already have on facebook.
When things get busy, I always forget to blog. I don't think I am the only one but I need to make a point to share more images on here.
I will start with my 11-11-11 Weddings.
A couple months ago, Stacey Miles of Uniquely I Do announced that she would be attempting to break the world record for the most couples married in 24 hours. I thought the event sounded like fun so I signed on as one of the photographers. We didn't make the record but it was a fun, busy day full of weddings of all types. Being about 7 months pregnant it also about knocked me out for a week after but it was definitely worth it.
The weddings were held at Memories at Sunset which was a beautiful venue and perfect for the event. I cannot wait to be able to photograph a regular wedding over there in good weather. I have so many ideas about what I would like to do.
Congrats to all of the couples that got married!
Here are some of my favorite images from the day. I started to publish this and realized most of them were kissing pics so I fixed that. Its so hard to not pick the kissing ones. They are always my favorite.
This is my friend Jessica and her new husband Matt. I saw their name on the list and claimed their wedding for the day as well. I knew she would make a beautiful bride and was not disappointed. Her mom & stepdad's (in the cowboy hat) wedding was one of the first weddings I photographed when I started out my business a few years ago.
Meet Your Photographer
Certified Professional Photographer