Awhile ago I posted a Photography Bucket List and within a month or so I got to do a couple gigs that were fairly close to a couple of them. I also have a second list that is just for weddings that I would love to photograph. A few of them were on the original list but there are new ones as well.
1. Wedding on the Oregon Coast (or Washington Coast)
2. Indian Wedding - they look so colorful and like alot of fun. (I ended up doing an Indian Birthday Party right after posting this on the original list. It was pretty much equivalent to a wedding reception. Everyone was dressed beautifully, the food was amazing and the dancing was fun.)
3. Wedding on a Hot Air Balloon - currently badgering two clients getting married into doing this! Hopefully it works and one does :)
4. Mexico, Hawaii, or Tropical Beach Wedding - no explanation needed
5. Wedding at the Moore Mansion - this one will hopefully happen soon! I have grown up loving that place and in my mind it is super romantic and I have so many ideas for portraits there.
6. Wedding at Cameo Heights - Love love love this place! Chef Penny's food is also amazing so that would be an added bonus.
7. Celebrity Wedding- you know...the kind that makes it into the tabloids. Probably would be more hassle than it was worth but it would be fun.
8. A Published Wedding or Award Winning Wedding - I have recently been exploring options on getting published or entering contests and want to make that one of my goals in the near future.
9. Weddings in Chattanooga, TN & Surrounding Area- my family is there, I would love to have more excuses to fly back and spend more time with them. If you read this and are looking for a photographer in the area, message me and I will make you a deal!
10. A Wedding at Rock City in Chattanooga, TN - This is kind of an off shoot of the one above but it really is separate. Rock City is one of my fav places and I would love the opportunity to photograph a wedding there!
Feel free to post what is on your photo bucket list...wedding or not... or make a list of your own!
Apparently my little sister is heading up to Alaska for a bit and talking about it got me looking at the pictures from our cruise a couple years ago. It was such a fun time in a pretty place. Here are some of my favorite photos from it. I highly recommend going if you ever get the chance.
Sitka was probably my favorite town we went to. I went on a photo excursion and then explored the town with my new photo friend. The totem pole was made in remembrance of a photographer that loved the spot where it was put up overlooking an island where a group of eagles nested. It is probably one of my favorite spots I have ever been to. We also go to see salmon spawning and a couple bears swimming.
We also went to Ketchikan, Victoria BC, Glacier Bay & Juneau. Ignore the watermarks from my old business.
I decided it is time for a fresh start and you are looking at it. Jones Custom Photography is my new solo business venture. I would love to take your family, wedding, or business portraits. Please take a minute to check out the website and portfolios. If you have any questions shoot me and email or give me a call. Thank you for visiting my new website. Unlike our old blog, I plan to update this one regularly so keep checking back.
Also since I am getting alot of questions about the name change, I thought I would answer some of them here.
Everything is fine with Cory and me, I just want to pursue the photography side more and he is going to concentrate on graphic design. You will still see him around as my assistant especially at weddings. If you need a website or anything check out his page at http://www.designprintinternet.com/
I will still have all of our old files so if you are waiting to place an order or need anything from Digital Expressions, I still have it an and can help you not problem.
I am taking limited weddings (especially spring and early summer 2012) and portrait sessions are booking up so make sure to set up your appointment now!
Thank you for all of your support over the years!
Jones Custom Photography
Meet Your Photographer
Certified Professional Photographer