Is this not the sweetest baby ever? Baby Chloe is one of my Baby Plan babies. I just love every detail of her sweet face. I can't wait to see how she grows over the next year!
This isn't really photography related but I have found myself describing to quite a few people lately how to make your own baby food without having to buy a bunch of equipment or special tools.
When I had my first daughter, she wouldn't touch the canned baby food and I like the idea of making her food from fresh or frozen veggies since that is what we eat. It is much less expensive and is less wasteful. I scoured the internet for what seemed like forever and finally found a website with a great list of foods and how to prepare them http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/ and found online also how to make the food using ice cube trays and Ziploc bags.
We just started trying out foods on the new baby so I took pics of everything while I made her food last night. It was super quick and I did it in a pan on the stove while I was doing other things.
You will need:
One bag of frozen veggies usually fills up the magic bullet jar which generally fills up 1-1.5 ice cube trays.
To make the baby food you:
Here are pics of the batch I just did. The overall cost for the food was $5.18 ($6.24 if you include the apples I haven't made yet.) and it will easily last us 2-3 months at this stage. Later on when she is eating more one batch will last us about a month.
To serve the cubes, take as many as you need and microwave in 10 second intervals until they are melted and the right temperature. Each of my trays yields 16 cubes. Right now the baby will eat one cube at a feeding but later on it will be 3-5 if she is like my first daughter.
You can't freeze them but bananas and avocado make great baby food and are easy to smash with a fork. I usually keep both on hand for baby food especially avocado. I hate both but my husband and 2-year old love them so I can take enough for the baby and usually have someone around to eat the rest.
Last month I did a shoot at Amy's Bridal in Kennewick, WA of some sample dresses she is wanted to sell online with the beautiful Kayla who makes any wedding dress look amazing. Here are some of my favorite portraits. Next time I want to play I will be doing more. Thanks Amy!
If you are getting married and like any of the dresses in the images, contact Amy she will make you a great deal on them!
Awhile ago I posted a Photography Bucket List and within a month or so I got to do a couple gigs that were fairly close to a couple of them. I also have a second list that is just for weddings that I would love to photograph. A few of them were on the original list but there are new ones as well.
1. Wedding on the Oregon Coast (or Washington Coast)
2. Indian Wedding - they look so colorful and like alot of fun. (I ended up doing an Indian Birthday Party right after posting this on the original list. It was pretty much equivalent to a wedding reception. Everyone was dressed beautifully, the food was amazing and the dancing was fun.)
3. Wedding on a Hot Air Balloon - currently badgering two clients getting married into doing this! Hopefully it works and one does :)
4. Mexico, Hawaii, or Tropical Beach Wedding - no explanation needed
5. Wedding at the Moore Mansion - this one will hopefully happen soon! I have grown up loving that place and in my mind it is super romantic and I have so many ideas for portraits there.
6. Wedding at Cameo Heights - Love love love this place! Chef Penny's food is also amazing so that would be an added bonus.
7. Celebrity Wedding- you know...the kind that makes it into the tabloids. Probably would be more hassle than it was worth but it would be fun.
8. A Published Wedding or Award Winning Wedding - I have recently been exploring options on getting published or entering contests and want to make that one of my goals in the near future.
9. Weddings in Chattanooga, TN & Surrounding Area- my family is there, I would love to have more excuses to fly back and spend more time with them. If you read this and are looking for a photographer in the area, message me and I will make you a deal!
10. A Wedding at Rock City in Chattanooga, TN - This is kind of an off shoot of the one above but it really is separate. Rock City is one of my fav places and I would love the opportunity to photograph a wedding there!
Feel free to post what is on your photo bucket list...wedding or not... or make a list of your own!
This little guy is pretty much my nephew. He will grow up calling me Auntie Feeshie and think that my kids are his cousin's so you will probably be seeing about as much of him as you do my little ones. Meet baby Jonah....the first set of images are from him at the hospital the day after he was born and the second set are of his newborn session at the studio. I almost got to photograph his birth as well but it didn't quite work out. Maybe next time :)
Meet Your Photographer
Certified Professional Photographer